Filed under: General
Posted by: Andy
@ 2:20 pm
- I broke a tooth on a popcorn kernel and had it repaired with a crown.
- I had the the chimney capped and the antennas removed off the top.
- My cat Isis injured her back and is now in recovery on a diet.
- I removed the second brick path from the backyard.
- I trimmed the lower branches from the maple tree out back.
- I laid weed fabric and mulch at shed and front step.
- I struggled with Bioshock authentication during summer.
- Drugstore closes in January; town is without a pharmacy for the first time in decades.
- We have a new library: Bought in spring, renovated in summer, opened in fall.
- Giant Bar/Grill closed, then reopened by family Justus.
- Yeah, town council squabbles, but at least it isn’t trying to push a teller window anymore.
- Old summer baseball league closes and new one opens with much weeping and gnashing of teeth.
- We have a new soda shop downtown, expanded business where Diary Queen used to be.
- Insight cable leaves; Comcast arrives; town gets the shaft!
- Attempt to prune local government results in abolition of township assessors.
- Indiana does not get hit as hard by current depression. Why? It’s already depressed!
- We lost our state senator David Ford from pancreatic cancer.
- Four more years of Mitch Daniels. Well, I suppose we must adjust.
- Obama wins; McCain lost; El Dubya is history; neo-cons are discredited, try to blame social-cons.
- Predatory mortgage lending takes its toll as economic gets flushed down celestrial bog.
- Wall Street love-and-huggies package forced through Congress.
- Big banks, Fanny/Freddie Mac and AIG are nationalized.
- Two of three American car companies ready to die, got own bailout.
- Rest of USA shares in Indiana’s pain.
- Credit collapse in USA spreads throughout world: Oil price drops, outsourcing to Asia declines.
- USA still fighting wars in Iraq, Afghanistan.
- Russia seizes two ethnic regions from Cartvelia, dares Europe to do something.
- Wars in Africa continue: Darfur, eastern Congo, Somalia, Niger delta.
- Ethiopia stops propping up fake Somali government in Baidoa.
- Zimbabwe in decay as cholera rages and its leader Mugabe becomes unsupportable.
- South Africa gets rid of its own whacko leader as Mbeki ousted.
- War in Sri Lanka continues as Tamils lose ground.
- Arab-Israeli war in Gaza provokes Jew-hatred in the rest of the world.
Come on, folks, there are wars all over the world, some of which have gotten a lot of attention over the years, as I have listed here. Yet, when the Israelis bombard Gaza with rocket fire in retaliation to Gazan rocket attacks on Israel, the rest of the world squeals like a stuck pig, even though it does not have any invested interest in the Palestine region. I can think of only one reason for all this morbid, neurotic interest in that land:
Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around. (Zechariah 12:2 NASB) Drink up, world! See what it gets you, you race of sots!